Performance Charts


Collabedit used to be pretty slow. I decided to make it faster. The first thing I did was write a script that would login, add 1 character to a document, delete 1 character from the document and record how long each operation took to return. I set this script to run one time every minute of the day.

Here's what that looked like.

As you can see, it's pretty scattered. I moved to Amazon EC2, and spent some time tuning parts of the real-time algorithm.

Here's what collabedit's performance looks like now.

Latest News
2015-1-6 Yes, I'm Still Here
2013-9-21 The Site is Fast Again
2011-9-14 Interview Ratings, Dashboard
2011-5-25 Named Documents, Custom Urls
2011-4-11 Performance Charts